My expertise is in experimental thermo-fluids focusing on multiphase and multi-component flows. I have specialized in complex liquids such as nano-particle and polymer loaded crude oils and hydrogel battery formulations. Experiments have included combustion, evaporation, sprays, droplet dynamics, and pulsatile flow.
My current work is related to development of an energy storage and thermal management system for a lunar lander.
- Singh G, Esmaeilpour M, Ratner A. Effect of carbon-based nanoparticles on the ignition, combustion and flame characteristics of crude oil droplets. Energy, Volume 197, 2020. 117227. Elsevier.
- Singh G, Esmaeilpour M, Ratner A. The effect of acetylene black on droplet combustion and flame regime of petrodiesel and soy biodiesel. Fuel, Volume 246, 2019, Pages 108-116. Elsevier.
- Singh G; Esmaeilpour, M; Ratner, A. Investigation of combustion properties and soot deposits of various US crude oils. Energies, 2019, 12, 2368. MDPI.
- Singh G, Lopes E, Hentges N, Becker D, Ratner A. Experimental investigation of the settling characteristics of carbon and metal oxide nanofuels. Journal of Nanofluids, Volume 8 (8), Pages 1654–1660, 2019. American Scientific Publishers.
- Zhang J, Singh G, Xu S, Hamad K, Ratner A, Xing Y. A scalable approach of using biomass derived glycerol to synthesize cathode materials for lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2020, 122518. Elsevier.
- Jenson G, Singh G, Bhama JK, Ratner A. A refillable hydrogel battery: construction and characterization. Journal of Energy Storage, Volume 23, 2019, Pages 504-510. Elsevier.
- Jenson G, Singh G, Bhama JK, Ratner A. Hydrogel Leclanché cell: construction and characterization. Energies, 2020, 13 (3), 594. MDPI.